Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Zen 10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Camera lens confusion!

I have an issue with my forward camera lens, A few weeks ago, it came up with this "red" screen (see attachment). Then, one night, as mysteriously as it showed-up, it went away and worked perfectly. Yesterday, while on vaca, of course, this stupid screen came back and won't let me take any pictures, except selfies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kelly

Contributor

Re: Camera lens confusion!

I can't attach a pic? I want you to see what the screen looks like!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't know since I can't see it but did you try removing the battery?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I have removed the battery many times. I have two of them, so I exchange them regularly. I so can't believe I can post a pic, so you can see it.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

kelkinard wrote:

I have an issue with my forward camera lens, A few weeks ago, it came up with this "red" screen (see attachment). Then, one night, as mysteriously as it showed-up, it went away and worked perfectly. Yesterday, while on vaca, of course, this stupid screen came back and won't let me take any pictures, except selfies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kelly

When it happens again, press up and down volume buttons similtaneously. A screenshot will be saved to 'your personal space', the pic can be inserted into post (4th icon from the left).

Contributor

What is the url of my personal space? When I tap the insert image icon, it's asking for info and won't allow me to "paste" anything! What am I missing?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's two separate things:

On the device:
Push the vol up and vol down buttons at the same time and the BB will save a screenshot in your personal space on the device (usually in device memory.)

On the forums here:
Use the 4th icon from the left to insert that picture to the forums here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I have taken the image. Can't browse for it in the window that opens when I hit the insert image icon. It's asking for the url.
Guru II

You need to post from your computer.  email the photo to yourself or transfer it to your computer.  Then click on browse in the picture editor here and find the photo to upload it here.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Easier to do on your phone, the browser will open mobi version, at the bottom select full version, then select insert pic and choose file from pics