Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SaskTel
Accepted Solution

Camera - pictures won't save

I am having a recurring intermittent problem with my camera failing to save captured images.  I have lots of GB to spare on my SD card.  Anyone run into this?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Camera - pictures won't save

Try rebooting by removing the battery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I'm afraid that does not fix it.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

RA99 wrote:

I am having a recurring intermittent problem with my camera failing to save captured images.  I have lots of GB to spare on my SD card.  Anyone run into this?

Remove your media card and see if the you still have the problem when saving to device, also try another media card if possible.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yep, that was going to be my next suggestion. It can be a write problem with the card (they don't last forever) or a software issue with the device.

I've had similar intermittent issues with pictures not saving but a battery pull/reboot has always fixed it.

Let us know if saving to device memory gives you the same problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes, swapped in another SD card and it seems to work fine, so I guess my card is toasted.  Dang!  Thanks folks.

Guru II

Copy everything off of the card and reformat it on the device. It could just be corrupted somehow.

Contributor

So far, so good, thanks.