Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: +33612785142

Can BlackBerry Link use a backup from a lost device to transfer data to a new device?

Hello!

Unfortunately, I had not taken advantage of BlackBerry Protect and my old Z10 device was lost.  I thought that since I had backed it up with BlackBerry Link, I'd be able to transfer that data to my new Z10 device.  

Any suggestions as to how to do that please?

Many thanks,

Marya

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can BlackBerry Link use a backup from a lost device to transfer data to a new device?

Yes, using the same BBID on the new device as on the past device, connect to Link and use the Backup/Restore function.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: +33612785142

Re: Can BlackBerry Link use a backup from a lost device to transfer data to a new device?

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the suggestion. When I attempt to restore from a backup file, it informs me "No backups available for this device". And that would be because it thinks I never backed up the old device! I was sure I had, but it only notes one sync, no backups. Live and learn, I suppose. Thanks for your help nonetheless.
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

in the restore window, you should see a link to 'restore legacy device backup"

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

CorsicanExpat wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. When I attempt to restore from a backup file, it informs me "No backups available for this device". And that would be because it thinks I never backed up the old device! I was sure I had, but it only notes one sync, no backups. Live and learn, I suppose. Thanks for your help nonetheless.

To confirm that you have done a backup, search pc for *.bbb

Should be found in Documents/Blackberry/Backups/Blackberry (Date).bbb