Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Can I reinstall the last OS before the update

Hello:

So the update to 10.1.0.273 is driving me nuts, especially with my wifi. Is there a way I can go back to the previous OS before the update? I tried to restore from before the update, but that just put the data back to where it was before. The OS is still at 10.1.0.273.

I wasn't having any problems at all before then, but since the update, it's just been a headache.

Thanks,

Paul

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can I reinstall the last OS before the update

No, that will be difficult. What progblems are you having? Maybe we can help.

Also, another thing you can do is try to reload the OS completely (different than wipe).

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi:

I am not able to connect to wifi. Wifi is turned on, but when I pull down the menu from the top bezel, it indicates that it is turned on, but there is no network. 

When I go under the settings menu to access wifi, it says that my home network is connected, but nothing shows up along the top status bar on the homescreen (beside 4G, when the usual wifi signal strength bars appear). 

Also, when I go somewhere else where I had previously accessed wifi, it says the networks have been disabled, and I cannot access them anymore, even when I enter in the required password.

Any suggestions?

Paul

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Yes you can, as I had to do it myself.. Just click on the link below for instructions how to do that.. If fixed my problem, as it reinstalled the original software, than I did the update to 10.1 after it finished. You have to use IE to do this, as for some reason other browsers wont work.

http://crackberry.com/how-reload-your-blackberry-10-smartphone-operating-system

Regular Contributor

JamesDee55 wrote:

Yes you can, as I had to do it myself.. Just click on the link below for instructions how to do that.. If fixed my problem, as it reinstalled the original software, than I did the update to 10.1 after it finished. You have to use IE to do this, as for some reason other browsers wont work.

http://crackberry.com/how-reload-your-blackberry-10-smartphone-operating-system

This will not help the OP since 10.1.0.273 is what will be loaded if he does what you are saying.

Trusted Contributor

This will reinstall the 10.0 version first then it will ask you if you want to update to 10.1 as it did when I did the reinstall software
Regular Contributor

JamesDee55 wrote:
This will reinstall the 10.0 version first then it will ask you if you want to update to 10.1 as it did when I did the reinstall software

Then you must have done it before 10.1 was officially released by your carrier, Bell. When your carrier officially releases an OS, then if you reload, you will get that release.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

10:46 AM
I am having a similar problem. all was working perfectly fine prior to the 10.1.0.273 upgrade (lotus email on activesync with port 80 &ssl off, contact lookup, calendar etc.). OS version 10.0.?.85 was running previously.

Post the update, I stopped receiving work email; consequently I tried to increase the sync timeframe under advanced settings as that requires to re-sync account but got the error message, your account could not be authenticated with the service provider. Pls check your setting and try again.. After repeated tries, I rebooted the z10 (soft & hard) but no help!

Then I deleted the account which happened successfully but creating it is not possible and I am getting the following errors:
(with ssl off, port 80 as before) - your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check your network settings... I am successfully connected to wifi fully and GPRS.
(With ssl on, port 443 which we do not use) - the server is not responding. The server name in your account settings may be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again... Works fine on my iPad so server is responding!

I am very disappointed for this upgrade, can you pls help! I Will have to ditch blackberry as work email is most crucial. Can I speak over phone with someone in India? I am traveling tomorrow morn and need this badly pls! Is the only solution to downgrade and if yes, how?

Thanks in advance,
VA

PS. Also lost all my text messages and partly my contacts info but I can live that. Not without work email and calendar sync (what a messy update - what went wrong?) Pls note that I have validated my email successfully as well using the tool suggested in the post " unable to access work email... and hence the problem is with the update!
Trusted Contributor

Let me clarify one last time. I did the reinstall of 10.0 AFTER I had had 10.1 already installed from my carrier.

Regular Contributor

JamesDee55 wrote:
Let me clarify one last time. I did the reinstall of 10.0 AFTER I had had 10.1 already installed from my carrier.

Very odd because that's not how it's supposed to work. You're supposed to get the most up to date OS when you do this. It makes no sense for it to install an old OS. In fact, I just tried it and it installed 10.1. Not sure why you got 10.0 but that's not normal.