Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can We Please Get Our BlackBerry 10 Updates Direct From BlackBerry To Our "Software Updates" System Settings?!?!

The whole point to wireless, direct to phone software updates is the convenience and timely way to stay with the best latest firmware and features available. As a Verizon Wireless customer with a Z10, I have only been given 10.0.9.442 update, while BlackBerry is already working on 10.2 update and we don't even have 10.1 yet! This is not just an issue with wanting the latest greatest updates. My phone is virtually useless for things that BlackBerry is known for like email, attachments, etc. that don't work on my phone. I also know that BlackBerry has been working hard to resolve this and many more issues that Z10 owners are having with software before 10.1. There is so much bad press posted on the Z10 because of issues people are having with it due to the Carriers not getting the updates out in a timely fashion, so the reviewers and posters are forming bad opinions based on only older software versions. Can't BlackBerry take Apple's Que and release your own updates in a much more timely manner?
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Can We Please Get Our BlackBerry 10 Updates Direct From BlackBerry To Our "Software Updates" System Settings?!?!

Correct, have you seen this article?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ceo-absolutely-not-happy-os-upgrade-cycles-through-carriers

My Device: 9000, 9700, Playbook, 9800, Z10, Q10, Classic, Passport, Priv
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Can We Please Get Our BlackBerry 10 Updates Direct From BlackBerry To Our "Software Updates" System Settings?!?!

This would be fantasic.  If for no other reasaon that the phone does not end up with the Carrier's undeletable carrier-specific logos and applications in which I have absolutely no interest.  I do not want Telstra news feeds, Sensis directory advertising and the like and, given hidden folders are no longer possible, the only option is to shuffle them onto the back page in a folder labelled appropriately for the included content.

You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my lifeless fingers.