Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can't add Microsoft exchange email account to my Z10

Hi,

I am not able to add my ms exchange account to my new z10. It has been quite a task dealing with vodafone and the support since the last few days. I don't know what the problem is. I've used BB bold for a  very long time and configuring an email was a mere task. Is someone having a similar problem? Someone can help/suggest? BB support is not able to understand. I successfully added other email accounts to my phone.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Can't add Microsoft exchange email account to my Z10

Hey ruhanis,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What type of errors are you receiving when trying to add the email account?  Also is ActiveSync enabled on the exchange server?  Did you try adding the email account as a POP3 or Imap account?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,
Thank you for getting back to me. It's been another 24 hours, I've been going between vodafone and BB support team in India.

The technical dept in my company(i work for CNBC) didn't know much about active sync. IMAP and POP is not enabled on our server. The MS exchange active sync set up on Z10 mentions a port number 443 automatically, if left vacant, it shows an error. We don't have a port number for our server. It's protected with firewalls and IT dept at cnbc got back saying that- imp, pop3 not enabled(we don't use that), features are enabled for all sorts of sync on various devices.

I don't know what to do. Everytime I call vodafone, they mention that BB Z10 doesn't support enterprise accounts. Is it true? how is it possible..this phone seems like a generation ahead and it's a corporate phone.

looking forward to your reply

Ruhani.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi .

Am new here.

Just moved from a BB Torch to the new BB Z10 and am having the same issues with setting up my Microsoft Outlook Email.

We are using the 2010 version of outlook and try as I might am not able to configure the email in the device.

With the Torch all I had to do was enter the username and passowrd and it would like in one go.

Have tried this on the Z10 and am getting an username / password incorrect message. Tried the advanced options and am getting the message that my company server is not responding.

Our IT Team has no clue what is happening, can you please help on this.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

wsfahmed wrote:

Hi .

Am new here.

Just moved from a BB Torch to the new BB Z10 and am having the same issues with setting up my Microsoft Outlook Email.

We are using the 2010 version of outlook and try as I might am not able to configure the email in the device.

With the Torch all I had to do was enter the username and passowrd and it would like in one go.

Have tried this on the Z10 and am getting an username / password incorrect message. Tried the advanced options and am getting the message that my company server is not responding.

Our IT Team has no clue what is happening, can you please help on this.

What do they allow for email access?

there is POP, IMAP and EAS

EAS needs to be done in advanced settings when setting up an account

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Sorry didnt understand what you mean

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hi wsfahmed,
give those questions to your IT admin and they will answer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have sent them to teh IT but no responce.

My friend who has a Bold deleted his company account and added it back yesterday without any issues.

Apparently its an issue with the Z10 OS

What is the real issue here, some help will be much appreciated

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

why did the IT not reply to you?
We cannot do anything if your IT does not reply to you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: