Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

Can't bypass z10 first setup (wifi problems)

I have got new bb z10 , i have connect it to my wifi network to complete first setup but it show me( unable to connect to the network please check your setting ) i can't select country and agreement , i try wifi with all security options ( none , wep , wpa , wpa2 psk) but the same issue , pleeeeese help me because ICANT use my new z10Smiley Sad

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't bypass z10 first setup (wifi problems)

you can use your SIM card and skip the wifi

New Contributor

Its only show me wifi networks, how can i do that ??
Super Contributor

Do you have a SIM card in the device that has a data plan associated with it? If so, on the WiFi screen just swipe left to move to the next screen.

Also, you should probably post this sort of thing in the BlackBerry Z10 forums next time.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor

Sorry mr for posting my problem here , iam new and i cant find blackberry z10 forums, my problem is when i connect to wifi and swipe left i cant select agreement , the phone showme unable to connect to the network please change your setting , iam sure that my wifi is working good but idont know the problem
Super Contributor

Do you have a SIM card installed in your Z10?

Do you have a data plan associated with your cellular account?

FYI, the Z10 forums are at: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/bd-p/Z10. You may wish to post there as there are many Z10 owners who can assist you.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Mexico 6 & Z10
My Carrier: MPT

[ Edited ]

Sorry for my interruption. I am a new comer for this site.I has faced such kind of problem. I got a new unlocked bb z10 from UK.  I set it up in my country (Myanmar) where there is a only one operator named MPT. I inserted my MPT SIM card which has data services. After loading few seconds, I got a message that " connected to MPTGSM network" " Internet connection hasn't been established. Please use the wifi connection to continue to setup."

So I connected to wifi network and then next step is choosing country for warranty agreement.  I can't find my country name in the list and I got the error message " unable to connect to the network. Please try changing your setting" whenever I choose one country from the list. I need help to pass this. I am a bb fan and I used curve 8520, bold 9900 in Myanmar where there is no BIS. Your understanding and helping me would be highly appreciated.

Best rgds,

MaungLmm

Contributor
My Device: Mexico 6 & Z10
My Carrier: MPT

yes, I also have same problem.

zool2007 wrote:
Sorry mr for posting my problem here , iam new and i cant find blackberry z10 forums, my problem is when i connect to wifi and swipe left i cant select agreement , the phone showme unable to connect to the network please change your setting , iam sure that my wifi is working good but idont know the problem

My Device: blackberry 10
My Carrier: eduroam

I have got new bb z10 , i have connect it to my wifi network to complete first setup but it show me( unable to connect to the network please check your setting ) i can't select country and agreement , i try wifi with all security options ( none , wep , wpa , wpa2 psk) but the same issue , pleeeeese help me because ICANT use my new z10Smiley Sad

ac maluleka
My Carrier: vodafone ghna

why should this be a difficult and a major problem. for days i can not set up my phone simply becuase of this wifi issues. what do i do. my phone cant even connect to service providers mobile metwork. this is really annoying