Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Virgin

Can't connect to Blackberry Link with USB

My Z10 will only connect to blackberry Link through Wi-Fi, when I turn Wi-Fi off and plug in with a USB cable it says not connected. I tried removing it then adding it again, reinstalled Blackberry Link, rebooting computer restarting phone nothing seems to work. I want to backup my phone but can only do it with a USB cable. If anyone has had this problem and solved it could the please help?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't connect to Blackberry Link with USB

Step 1, make sure you have the latest version of Link installed. A new version was just released today (or very recently, at least) so make sure you download it. www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink

This is an issue I've experienced many times, myself. Unplug your phone from your PC and plug it back in. If it still doesn't connect, wait for a bit then try it again later. I'm now sure why this issue is happening but I've noticed that sometimes my phone will connect at a later time by me doing nothing differently than before. I'm hoping the new version of Link corrects this issue.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

what happened after you connect blackberry to your computer?

can you check your device manager to see if there is some item like "Blackberry", or question marks?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/New-Q10-cannot-connect-to-Link-via-USB/td-p/2...

Read the above post right to the end post, there are 2 possible solutions, try the first one and if need be try the second one.

Contributor

Tried the 2 suggestions didn't see anything related to blackberry in device manager. Installed the newest version of blackberry link, will have to see if blackberry support has any answers

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

OK good luck let us know

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9000 and PB
My Carrier: T-mobile

[ Edited ]

Bad USB cable? Perhaps.

On a windows PC, when you plug the phone into the PC by USB you should get a notice (in the lower right corner of the PC) that the phone was detected.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Pblitz wrote:

Tried the 2 suggestions didn't see anything related to blackberry in device manager. Installed the newest version of blackberry link, will have to see if blackberry support has any answers

Do you have access to another pc ?

Make sure 'USB Mass Storage' is Off, when you plug in the Z10, it will load Link software first and then the drivers.

Contributor

My USB cable is good, I use the same one for my PlayBook and it works fine. I also tried it on another computer and still nothing. It has to be the phone.
Contributor
My Device: Z30/Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem on my Z30.  I can only connect via WiFi.