Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Can't connect to my providers internet

[ Edited ]

Hello,

this is my short history with my new Z10 device:

I bought an unlocked BB Z10. After I went home, didn't had a micro SIM so I just skipped this stage. I was playing around with my device and after I found the update option in settings I upgraded the device to OS version 10.2.1.1925, and Software Release 10.2.1.537.

The second day I went to my Cell Phone provider (Orange Romania) and got a new SIM for my device. After a few days I noticed that in Setup -> Networks and Connections -> Mobile Network, there is a warning message: "The SIM card isn't compatible" and the selected connection is stated: orange 3g - Voice only".

Warning message

No matter if I choosed manual or auto selection mod, I only had the voice option without internet option.

After asking support at orange.ro forums, I got the answer that I might have a defective SIM card or my phone is locked on other provider. My phone is unlocked as you can see below:

Unlocked

I went to the orange shop the next day and asked for a replacement SIM. After installing the new SIM, nothing changed.

I am a bit desperate, everything works, Voice calls, internet on wifi but not the internet from my cell phone provider.

Please help,

thank you

Contributor
My Device: BB z10 & PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Can't connect to my providers internet

Try setting the "network selection mode" to automatic and let the phone auto configure itself.

If not, press that scan button and manually choose the appropriate network. You can also manually enter the APN by tapping that APN icon at the bottom of your first screen shot.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to set the "network selection mode"to automatic already. The problem is that the only option that shows up for my provider (orange), is the same as for manual:  orange 3g - Voice only.

I typed in manually the user/pass for APN but nothing changed. Still not working and i still have that annoying message.

Contributor

Do you have another phone you can try the sim on or another working sim you can try? Are you sure you bought the correct model phone? Just trying to see if it's the phone or the SIM/network.

Also, I would confirm with your carrier that you do have regular data enabled on your plan (not a BIS plan) and that you have the correct APN. I don't think it's necessary to have a username/password for public APNs. Though, I could be wrong.

Contributor

Unfortunately both of my other phones use a normal and not a micro SIM so I can't do any tests.

After reading your post, I visited my carriers web page and checked out my subscription. My data plan is confirmed but the settings for using the internet was deactivated.

I tried to activate "Mobile internet (GPRS / EDGE / 3G)'" but the system returned me an error: "Mobile internet can't be activated for this number".

I think it has something to do with the "The SIM card isn't compatible" message I was talking about in my first post.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

And... just asking, where did you buy this device?

If used... are you certain the previous user has toyed with the escreen APN settings and locked something up?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

The phone is new, I bought it from an online shop.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

What is your exact model your device?

From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the exact model listed there?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Model number is: STL100-1

Contributor

That looks like a network thing to me. The SIM is limited by how it is provisioned in the system and it looks like yours might only have voice. I would really call your provider and have them reset and check everything. Sometimes, even though it says you have this or that, it may not actually be there. It's happened to me at my previous work many times before. Plan says data is there, the paperwork says it was activated, but nothing works. Only after I've requested a network reset/re-provision does everything start working.