Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can't put old Z10 device info on to new phone

Hi

I have just got a new Z10 as the old one got water damaged.  I backed up the info on to my PC and have tried restoring this info on to my new Z10 but it won't let me.  I cannot transfer as the courier took the old phone away in exchange for the new one.   I have logged in to the Blackberry ID screen as prompted by Blackberry Link but once logged in, it just gives me options of changing my password and changing the recovery question nothing else.  

In trying to restart the whole process, I have pressed the Remove Device button in Blackberry Link and it now won't connect, it just opens up windows explorer.  I tried connecting wirelessly but nothing.

Please can anyone help me?

Thank you 

Regards

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't put old Z10 device info on to new phone

[ Edited ]

You're probably trying to use the "Switch Device" option. For this you require the old phone to connect to Link. Maybe I'm missing something from your post but are you not able to just load a backup done with your previous phone? Once your phone has connected to Link (and if it won't, just restart your phone...that usually works), just click Backup and Restore on the left and choose the most recent backup done with your previous Z10.

Let us know if that helps you or if I'm missing something.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.