Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Any

Can't save APN setting

Hi,

i have STL100-3 Z10 with the latest 10.2 . when i power on the device with the SIM it recognize the operator as voice only and when i wanted to set my APN setting to have internet connection as well nothing happen after i save the needed APN.

moreover, if i tap the APN setting after i have already set an APN it doesn't show what i have entered before.. like it wasn't acctually saved :-(

anyone know how to resolve this ? 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Can't save APN setting

Do you have a data plan ?

What carrier did you get the SIM Card from ?

Contributor

yes i have data plan.. the SIM card came from my operator that requires the phone to manually set the APN
i'm from Israel and use operator called Hot-mobile and also checked with other operator called Golan-Telecom and i had the same issue since they require the users to set manually the APN and MMS.

BB10 seems to not support manually setting the APN only support getting the APN and MMS from the carriers..

i don't understand how BB so "advanced" OS10 can't set manually APN and MMS and a 3 generation old Android device (2.3) that i have can do it easily .. :-(
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

This is a problem for many people, Carriers SIM Card requires manual setting of APN, BlackBerry Z10 does not support this.

It seems they are throwing the ball back and forth, I doubt that ALL the Carriers will change their SIM Cards for certain phones, it should be the phones that change.

Contributor

so it's greate and all that we have a forum for getting support ... but none from BlackBerry is here traying to help .. 

Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: ir-mci

same here... and totally agree with you

in my opinion, when you bought an unlocked phone.... it means u must do what ever u want to do... and this apn things is rediculous.

fix this pls

this is support forum

am i wrong?

explain to us why ?!! and respect for your customers

there isn't anything wrong about the sim  .... this issue is 100% FROM BB OS

My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

Not quite true. Some carriers' SIMs will prevent you from changing the APN. Not all. It's not a BBerry issue, it's controlled by the carrier. For example, I can change the APN settings on my two t-mo phones w/out issue. Theoretically, when you place a carriers SIM in your phone (and they "lock" the APN) they should automatically set the correct APN. Usually they do, for some reason this does not always happen. Can even be an issue on iPhone...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4417148

Have you tried setting the APN using the escreen?  Sometimes it's possible to remove the SIM, which MAY unlock the APN, set the APN and reinsert the SIM.  Worth a try.