Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Can't send or receive Text Messages on Z10

Got a new Z10 Friday night. 

Activated it Saturday Morning and sent some test Text Messages and everything was fine.

Later on that day I couldn't send texts anymore. It's 3 days later and I still can't send or receive texts.

I was on a chat with ATT support today and they tried everything.  They had me restart and pull the battery over 5 times, then they told me to do a security WIPE.  After the wipe, i get  "Network out of order" when trying to send messages.

They say it might be a BB Network Issue.  I just want to do the basic task of sending and receiving messages.

Any clue anyone?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't send or receive Text Messages on Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, this definitely is something ATT needs to resolve. They can escalate up to BlackBerry if they need to.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

This is EXACTLY what happened to me, its been 4 days that I can recieve text but can't send. VERY FRUSTRATING. I am away from home, went into a Verizon in the town I am visiting and tech was not able to do anything to fix this

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

NurseHendrix wrote:

This is EXACTLY what happened to me, its been 4 days that I can recieve text but can't send. VERY FRUSTRATING. I am away from home, went into a Verizon in the town I am visiting and tech was not able to do anything to fix this

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The in-store tech may or may not have had the adequate training to help...rather, they should have escalated (via phone) to their VZW tech support center(s), where they typically have much higher trained folks.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I solved my issue after realizing that MMS messages would always work. It turns out the ATT tech support gave me the wrong Service Center for SMS messaging.

If you call Verizon and ask them for the correct Service Center, then it will work.

If you used BlackBerry Link to push your old data to your new Z10, then like me, you probably screwed up the service center. Also, the service center number is on the SIM card so wiping won't really help.

All from experience. Good luck. :-)

I experienced this after updating my OS to the 10.1 version.  After some investigation I found that reinstalling the update VIA blackberry link software worked and fixed all my problems.  First I downloaded the latest version of Blackberry link from their website, then after plugging in my z10 and adding it in the software pannel. Once the devide was connected I clicked on the "gear icon" and on the left hand column the option to "install update" was available.  I installed and let it go through its cycles and the problem was resolved.