Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Can't transfer Calendar and contacts from my torch to the Z10

I have read a number of issues that people have posted regarding transferring contacts, calendar, and memos from a Torch to the Z10.

I am having the same issues.  I was able to sync my media and email contacts, but the the others will not transfer.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't transfer Calendar and contacts from my torch to the Z10

What did you sync your contacts with before on your torch? MS outlook

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Can't transfer Calendar and contacts from my torch to the Z10

I had the same issues. Make a hotmail address. Sync the Torch with hotmail if it ossible. If not sync with Outlook from the Torch. Install the Hotmail sync software from MS for Outlook. now sync Outlook with hotmail. 

Active the hotmail account on the Z10 and allow full sync options. It could take an hour fir the full sync to take place because it will do it with minimum data usage over time. I have over 1000 entries. Mine took over two hours to sync. 

The advantage with this is you now have a cloud type backup of everything. 

I did get reliable news that BB is supposed to come with an Outlook sync for the Z10 Link software. There is also some news of a possible new tablet coming this summer. The tablet one is more of rumor at this time. 

Jerry G.