Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

Can't view pictures

i cant seem to open any of my pictures; the thumbnails are all there but when i go to look at the bigger version then I just get a blank image. I have tried pulling the battery, restarting, fprmatting the memory card and viewong from both the camera and the file manager. Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't view pictures

Hi hpsuk and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Are these photos that you've taken with your BlackBerry Z10 or are they photos you've downloade or transferred to the device?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi there, thanks for the reply. They're ones I've taken with my Z10. I seem to be able to view them for a short while, then after a few hours I can't open then again.

Thanks
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same problem...the provider even replaced my phone...same problem....I can see some photo (all taken with the Z10) but it will be some that I can't enlarge....

New Contributor

Can nobody help?! Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Is your software all up to date? Are the images stored on the device or a memory card? Have you tried a wipe and restore?
New Contributor

All software was updated very recently. The images are on both, as I thought it could be the memory card, so switched to saving it to the phone but it made no difference. I tried restoring it, which did no good either
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Weird :/ I had some files on memory card that I couldn't open but it seemed to have sorted itself out. I don't know what else to suggest - lets hope someone else has some ideas for you! Smiley Happy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

I have the same issue with pictures and videos taken on or saved to the Z10.  I can see the thumbnail but when I click to enlarge it flashes the pic quickly then goes black with a small faded grey flower avatar in the center of the screen.  Others I'm sending Z10 pictures to are telling me they cannot be opened.

The files that are on the media card I moved into the Z10 can be viewed just fine (both pictures and videos).  The media on it was captured by a samsung camera.

New Contributor
My Carrier: mtn

I have the same issue