Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

Cannot copy Contacts from BB9900 to Z10

Team,

I am not able to copy my contacts neither most of my data from my current bold 9900 running OS7.1 to my new Z10. I did download Link and tried to do as explained in your website, but not all data were moved and non of contacts were moved.

I have 1817 conctacts on my phone, which contains email addresses, mobile numbers, landline numbers, etc.. and i really need to move it properly. I tried Bluetooth but it did not move all the contacts, now trying InTouch but it is taking ages.

Help please

Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot copy Contacts from BB9900 to Z10

any help here?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Just today, there is a new update for the Link software.  Do the update and try again.

A work around would be to sync the 9900 to Outlook using the Desk Top Manager. Then make an account on Hotmail and link Outlook to Hotmail. You will have to also download and install the Outlook sync software from MS. It is called Hotmail Connector.

Copy  and past all the main Outlook contacts in to the Hotmail contacts section. When you do the Send/Receive function Outlook and Hotmail should get synced.

Set up your Z10 to be synced to Hotmail. Everything should transfer to the phone.

I did this with a number of Z10 phones and it worked out very well. When you make changes to the phone, or Hotmail, or Outlook, everything should follow each other. For Outlook they follow at the time of the next Send/Receive.

Jerry G.
Regular Contributor

I already move it through InTouchApp which did a great job, took long time, but it was good

Thanks, I hope I will start "Liking" my BlackBerry z10 soon...