Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 TL-002
My Carrier: O2 Telefonica Germany
Accepted Solution

Cannot integrate GMail

[ Edited ]

Hey there,
I am having exactly the same problem. I've tried to open the page you've linked here and I get a not-nice message:"Desktop Browser npt supported", Please use your BB device to access this site. By the way, I was trying to open the page on my BB Z10. And we're talking about a Gmail account, wich I want to link in my hub. Thanks a lot ...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email - setup new email address

Hondaniel wrote:
Hey there,
I am having exactly the same problem. I've tried to open the page you've linked here and I get a not-nice message:"Desktop Browser npt supported", Please use your BB device to access this site. By the way, I was trying to open the page on my BB Z10. And we're talking about a Gmail account, wich I want to link in my hub. Thanks a lot ...

Totally different...BB10 and legacy are not the same. The Integrate site is for BIS, which BB10 does not use. I'm going to ask that your post (and this reply) be split off and moved to the proper section of this site. After that's done, you will need to edit your post and add more details...since the OP won't be here, there will be nothing to make sense of "exactly the same problem" since your thread will then be all alone, without the benefit of that prior information.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Well, my bad for not looking properly! Thank you! :-) I'll do so!
New Contributor

I made it!
It is much simplyer than everyone can imagine. THE PROBLEM is the double step verification from GMail. So ... if you need to install the GMail account on BB Z10, first of all turn off the 2 Step verification. Evrything else goes than in seconds. :-)
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to add that you can keep 2 step verification on and still set it up with very little problems.

1. Log into Google Mail on your desktop computer.

2. In top right hand corner, next to your name, click the down arrow and click Account.

3. On the left of the Accounts page, click Security.

4. Next to the sub-heading "2-Step Verification", click settings.

5. Click "Manage application-specific passwords"

6. Type something like "Gmail on Blackberry" in the text box and click generate password.

7. STAY ON THAT PAGE or write down the password.

8. Go to your Blackberry hub > Settings > email accounts > Add Account

9. For Email address, Type you full gmail email address, click next

10. Instead of entering your normal password, enter the password generated and displayed on step 7 WITHOUT spaces.

11. It should setup the connection, no problems.

Hope that helps.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vip

Re: Cannot integrate GMail

Hi I have problem with my Gmail account when using only wifi. As I am out of my country often I have to use wifi for data transfer. I have Q10 with all the latest updates. Everything else is working fine ( facebook, whatsapp, browsing...). I can't receive or send any emails, and in settings I got this message: the server smtp.google.com for your account is not responding...
Any idea??
Thank you...