Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Cannot respond to Calendar Invites

Hello,

I can not respond to Calendar Invites on my Z10 that originate from another Z10.

I have two devices here, and when I send a calendar invite from one device to the other using an outlook.com email address, the other device receives the event, however displays a message saying "You have already responded to this event" (see attachement). The buttons to accept/reject/tentative are also not available.

Notes:

- Both devices use outlook.com email addresses set to sync via ActiveSync

- When an invite that originates from the Web (outlook.com) and is sent to either of the Z10 devices I am able to respond to the event invite

- When an invite that originates from a Z10 is sent to an email address I am able to respond to the event invite from the Web

Things I've tried:

- Deleting and readding the accounts to the devices

- Turning on/offf Calendar syncing

Would anyone have any ideas how to address this?

Thanks so much.

Neil

Neil M.

Twitter: @neilmispelaar
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cannot respond to Calendar Invites

I'm having the exact same issue when I send meeting invites to people through my hotmail ActiveSync account on my Z10.  They experience the exact same behaviour as you described on their Z10s as well.

From my Z10 I viewed the sent meeting invitations in my hotmail sent items folder and compared invitations I'd sent from my hotmail account in my PC web browser, and invitations I'd sent from my Z10.  I noticed that those sent from my web browser appear as proper meeting invitations.  Those that I'd sent from my Z10 appear as sent email addresses with an attachment named "meeting.ics".  So, I'm guessing the Z10 isn't processing the .ics attachment 100% correctly.

I tested this by sending meeting invitations from my Z10  to  a colleague who is on BES (Exchange) and observed same described behavior on her Z10, but in her PC Outlook client the invitation worked as expected.

I hope someone can assist!

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Hopefully we'll get some help soon.

Not sure what else to trouble shoot.
Neil M.

Twitter: @neilmispelaar
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I just encountered this problem. I never had this issue with Gmail but then again Gmail wouldn't sync properly so I switched to outlook.com. Once I switched my girlfriend over to outlook.com we can't accept invites we send to each other via the calendar.  I can't tell if this is just an outlook.com issue or an Activesync issue.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.