Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cannot send email, only receive email.

[ Edited ]

I went through a lot of forums and tried lot's of things to get my email working, but sadly, i still cannot send emails.
I can receive them, but not answer them.

I alsoo get a warning that the account only works in my home environment......

Have a Online account with POP3 and SMTP.
When using the email verification tool from Blackberry it gives green light for POPS.online.nl  but all red for SMTP and IMAP and alsoo pop.online.nl

Does someone has a solution? I alsoo uses 2 other email accounts, non POP3 and these works very well.

With the 9300 Curve i could make a decision when removing a email if i want to keep it on the emailserver or not.

I miss this option with Z10. Or when deleting a email it will still stay on the emailserver so a other computer can still download the message from the emailserver.

Everything worked well with my 9300 Curve but not with the Z10.

Battery life alsoo sucks, even when i optimized the Z10 as said by this forum.

Touchpad is alsoo very picky when emailing or sms. And more things.....

I hope that things will be better when software 10.2 will be available. Otherwise i will try to make a deal with Vodafone or Blackberry to get a other brand device or that i can use my 9300 Curve. The 9300 Curve was not touchscreen but it worked very good without any problems.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Cannot send email, only receive email.

Have you searched on your providers homepage for your problem?

You often find that they require you to specify a particular port, provide a password or send to a particular server, for example mine requires me to put auth in front of the server address (auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk).

Each provider is different.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I asked Online, but no differences between pc or Blackberry for email settings. Can i download 10.2 savely to betatest it? I already talked to Vodafone that i want to trade it in for a other brand if this is not going to be fixed soon. Or to keep my 9300 Curve which was perfect with emails, alsoo much easier in business use. In the case of some smartphones, the person has to be smart instead of the phone.....
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

10.2 is out officially within a few weeks if you can cope until then I recommend to, if not I've been running a leaked 10.2 for the last month or so with only minor problems. If you are able to trade in and if you have the time you might as well see if 10.2 would have fixed it.

The first versions of iOS and Android all suffered with little problems, with maturity these things tend to get ironed out.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

I might get problems with Vodafone when i use a beta version. Maybe they won't take it back.... In my opinion the 9300 curve was easier to get to emails etc. A newer version of Blackberry is alsoo i want to consider but not with the BB10 software. I think that BB10 is not my cup of tea. While i loved the 9300 curve, simple and easy.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Well, Vodafone helped me to try several settings, none of them helped..... I will now officially ask for a other brand device, or that i keep my Curve 9300 and sell the Z10. If you have other options, let me know. I tested my emailsettings on a Samsung smartphone, it worked perfect. So sorry for Blackberry but the Z10 goes back...
Contributor

Problem solved thanks to a member.
Factory reset and it is working for now.

So it can be sold as good.....i am looking at the new 9720.