Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Cant Restore My Phone Contacts

Hey guys .. my old device is blackberry bold 9790 and i bought a blackberry Z10 .. the problem am having is i made a back up from my old device by a blackberry Desktop Software and still i have the back up file .. and i managed to transfer pictures and BBM contacts from my old device some how ( not by restoring from the back up file ) .. anyways the problem am having now is i only want to restore my phone contacts numbers from my old device to my new Blackberry Z10 device and its not working at all !! .. i used blackberry link to restore my backup by only choosing the adress book and the process of restoring seems fine but when i check on blackberry Z10 contacts there no Contacts at all !! .. i still have my old device with me and have the back up files so i hope u help me with this issue .. 

New Contributor

Re: Cant Restore My Phone Contacts

i also tried to use google sync on my old device its giving me error ( Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again ) and the problem is keep going on !

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Make sure you have the updated version of link and perform a device switch.

New Contributor

am reinstalling blackberry link now .. and about the device switch via Card my old device shows me that i copied everything .. like (contacts) and everything but when i plug the card in my Blackberry Z10 it only shows me this 

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq25/asoostii/IMG_00000018_zps3b8a592c.png

which is theres no contacts at all ..

New Contributor

Reinstalled Blackberry link and restored the Adress Book ( Contacts ) the process was completed but still .. there no ( my contacts number ) in contacts .. showing only BBM contacts and the show contacts on ( All )

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10, PlayBook, PRIV
My Carrier: 3

I'm not sure how, but I'm guessing all my information got transferred through Blackberry Protect. Can you back up all your info from your Bold onto Blackberry Protect and see if that'll work?

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am having the same problem. I have downloaded the lastest Blackberry Link, I used Device Switch, the contacts all moved across except the phone numbers within the contact.

This is a serious problem for me. I have over 500 contacts without phone numbers in my new Z10. Can you help please....