Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 3g

Cant send texts since last software update!

Anyone else had this problem?
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Cant send texts since last software update!

I can send texts...but they take a long, long time to send.  Some of them never do.  I get the little red x saying 'general problems'

What I've been having is getting multiple (and I mean many, many of them) texts from friends....the same message is sent every minute or so.  

Very frustrating!

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Having the same issue. Ever since the update my texts have been weird. Trying to load the chat from a contact is a slow process and if I try opening up a new contact chat, the old contact chat will display instead.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Since most of you have upgraded to 10.2 in the last 24 hours (?), give it more time, another day or two for the data syncing and all to settle down. I've upgraded about 10-12 times on my Q10 and Z10, and without doubt, it takes 48-72 hours for ALL data activity and syncing to settle down.

Then device lag disappears.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't matter which contact I choose the text msg always defaults to one specific contact. Then if I type something I hit send and nothing sends. Also sometimes I'll go to type and the keyboard comes up over the screen wee you can see what you're typing. The same thing happened to me after the original 10.1 update and it took 3 weeks to fix. I tried everything to fix it, nothing worked.

Odd, I haven't seen that issue of all SMS being sent to one single contact. Is it ALWAYS sent to the same contact?

I'd suggest this: Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner:
On your BlackBerry10 device:
Restart: Press and hold the upper edge power button a couple seconds and the tap the lower right RESTART.
Reboot: On the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

That seems to have solved the problem! Thank you! Yes, I took it into telus and they had never seen anything like it either. They were going to send it out to BB but didn't have a Z10 loaner. So I have to wait- now may not need to. Thank you.

Good luck!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3 Model: RFK121lW
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

yes! Actually the texts are freezing!!! Oh boy I hate having these kind of annoying problems with my phone so soon after purchasing it like a week ago!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3 Model: RFK121lW
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I've been having the same problem and the reboot has done absolutely nothing! *sigh Smiley Sad