Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Cant text pictures taken with camera

I tried to send pictures taken with the camera via text to friends, iphone owner wouldn't receive and Windows owner got a message that pic was too large.

I did manage to send the iphone owner the pics when i was connected to wifi. On network he doesnt!

No issue sending pic via BBM

There is  no way to resize pic either.

Any idea?

Tks

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cant text pictures taken with camera

If your phone is listing the image as sent, but the windows phone is saying the image is too big, and the iphone is not getting it at all, it sounds like it's an issue with your friends' phones and not yours.  When my fiance and I both had blackberries we used to send images to each other constantly, but as soon as she switched to a galaxy it stopped recieving, so as far as I know, some phones don't like getting images through texts.

That's just my guess though, I could be wrong.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Never had this issue with my 9780 until 2 days ago, they always received my pics!  

I'm thinking that it might be the BB itself, because their phone does receive when I send the pic via wifi!

Tks

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hrm, well if images sent over wifi are through the internet, and sent otherwise are through your carrier, I would have thought it might have been your carrier too.

But if it just stopped working 2 days ago then I'm not sure.