Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

CardDAV and CalDAV to Google fails authentication

I have spent 6 hours reading various forums and trying everything suggested, but I cannot get my Z10 to connect to my Google Contacts and Calendar.

The error message is:

Your account cannot be authenticated with your service provider.  Please make sure the account settings are correct.

I have updated to OS version 10.1.0.273.

I have Internet connectivity via Wifi, since I can use the browser to visit web pages.

I upgraded from my Torch, since Google stopped supporting the only sync method with that device.  Now that I still can't connect after upgrading is incredibly frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: turkcell

Re: CardDAV and CalDAV to Google fails authentication

Do you have 2 step security enabled on your account? If yes you should generate a password for every application related with google... If not, be sure that you have given only google.com as server name and not m.google.com
New Contributor

I have confirmed by looking at my Google account information that 2 step security is off. I am using google.com as the server name.
No joy :-(
Highlighted
New Contributor

I got it working. Oddly enough, this fails when using only Wifi, which I know was working since I tested it with the browser. It turned on the connection to Bell Mobility and it worked. I expect that means the transfer used up some of my data plan rather than using the Wifi :-(
It works, so I am happy !