Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

CardDAV and CalDAV to Google fails authentication

I have spent 6 hours reading various forums and trying everything suggested, but I cannot get my Z10 to connect to my Google Contacts and Calendar.

The error message is:

Your account cannot be authenticated with your service provider.  Please make sure the account settings are correct.

I have updated to OS version 10.1.0.273.

I have Internet connectivity via Wifi, since I can use the browser to visit web pages.

I upgraded from my Torch, since Google stopped supporting the only sync method with that device.  Now that I still can't connect after upgrading is incredibly frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: turkcell

Re: CardDAV and CalDAV to Google fails authentication

Do you have 2 step security enabled on your account? If yes you should generate a password for every application related with google... If not, be sure that you have given only google.com as server name and not m.google.com
New Contributor

I have confirmed by looking at my Google account information that 2 step security is off. I am using google.com as the server name.
No joy :-(
New Contributor

I got it working. Oddly enough, this fails when using only Wifi, which I know was working since I tested it with the browser. It turned on the connection to Bell Mobility and it worked. I expect that means the transfer used up some of my data plan rather than using the Wifi :-(
It works, so I am happy !