Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Certificate based authentication on a Z10

Has anyone had any joy with getting cert based authentication working with corp email delivery. We don;t use passwords and as such have to use a certificate to authenticate. I have the corporate mail account on the device but it wants a password to deliver mail. I have installed a certificate onto the devices and then imported it into the device cert store but the device will not use the cert it only wants a password.

Anyone able to assist appreciated.

Durbs

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Certificate based authentication on a Z10

Take a look at page 86 of the BDS administration guide:

Highlighted
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to configure a Certificate based authentication without BES ? I'd like to connect directly to an Exchange Server (ActiveSync) .

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

At this point in time, certificate based user authentication is not possible without BES.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodacom

At this point in time, certificate based user authentication is not possible without BES. ---> Has this ever being solved, all the other major platforms allow for CBA....

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Anyone ??? Come on Blackberry your domination is over at least let people get their emails...