Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blacbberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Change Font Size inside a message

Reading your posts and I have already commented elsewher that I too cannot read HTML email ,where the font size cannot be changed in the Q 10 settings from the default 8 setting. Speaking with friends who have recieved  their new Q 10 ,most who are over 45 will be returning them as they too cannot read the small text.

Seams a shame that a device expressly geared toward email users ,has this very serious defect. Shame on Blackberry. Ronnie

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you can zoom in with a pinch gesture.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Zooming in is not a good option. In fact, often times when I do that I swipe to the right, even slowly, to move back to the left side of an email and the email closes and I have to reopen. Then the same thing happens again. I'm not returning the device over it but it is a serious defect and needs to be addressed as I do know people who will not use the device because of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blacbberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you for that advice,however ,I receive a large volume of emails each day and when zooming ,it means moving the text from left to right to read the page . This is not convenient ,as well, the whole email wiggles when scrolling up or down when pinched to zoom.

How is it possible they have left this feature out?I do not have this problem on my Bold 9900.

As well no charging cradle is a step backwards as well.  Ronnie

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

I have a Q10 and the font size within the body of the email seems to depend on where the email came from and what format it is in.  This is a real shame as on my bold it seemed to set it whatever Font I had set on the phone not what the sender had set it at their end.  A great phone but a lot of major tweaks required - come on Blackberry get these things worked on ASAP please.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I just submitted a request to fix this at feedback@rim.com.  Maybe others can do the same & our voices will be heard?

My boss is a die-hard blackberry user, but the font issue will cause him to return the Q10. 

I thought the target market was men ages 40-60? Smiley Wink  He doesn't want to put on reading glasses everytime he reads an email! 

Blackbery - please leave well-enough alone & give the user the ability to choose the font settings in an email too!!!!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hi LC2908,

if this is te reason why he returns his Q10, please make sure he notifies the point of sale that reason explicitely.

It is important because this is the only way to notify BlackBerry in an efficient manner about that tiny font issue.

I doubt anyone reads that email address you gave.

That being said, I think that in all countries except the USA, the target market for BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 is 15yo-35yo and not 40yo...

40yo people want an iPhone because it makes them believe they are sexier with it Smiley Wink

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Any update on this?

This is a show stopper for me.  I can't use the Q10 as a day to day device with the font this small.

And I make sure to show it to everyone considering a BB10 device.  

Has this even been acknowledged as an issue or should I simply Keep Moving?

Please?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No word that I've heard. I've learned to keep my glasses on or close....I look a bit like JSanders now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Not able to change the font size for HTML emails really is a big issue of Z10.  Hope BB will have the solution soon.