Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackeberry Z30 & Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

Changing SIM Cards

This may be a naive question but here goes. My Z10 is first BB with a SIM card. I am a Bell Mobility customer.  If I was to go on holiday to another country could I buy a SIM card from a local mobile phone service provider there and install it in the Z10? 

Canuck by birth 'berry by choice
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Changing SIM Cards

You shouldn't have to buy a local sim card, Your z10 will work on their networks. I would call bell and have them give you overseas package before you leave. I do this every year when I take my family to Cuba, I get the carribean package with bell for data and phone.. But technically yes , you can buy a sim card in that country that their carrier supports the z10.

Contributor
My Device: Blackeberry Z30 & Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks for the info. I checked on Bell pkg for trip to Mexico in January and cost was prohibitive for me. I will look into Caribbean pkg.

Canuck by birth 'berry by choice
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Getting the package before you leave can save you hundreds of dollars. My first time I didn't get the package, my cell phone bill was $900 ouch. But I did call bell and complain , they dropped it down to $150..  I use my phone on vacation because of my work, especially the data plan. I use my cell as a high speed internet access for my laptop or playbook. It is 10x faster than the internet access in the hotels.