Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Charging icon problem

Hy,

I have a problem with my Z10 device when trying to recharge it. I put it to charge and everything happens as it should for the first 5 min. After that the phone stops charging. The battery indicator no longer shows the charging lightning bolt, it shows the fully charge signs (2 parallel lines on the left of the battery icon) but the charge clearly shows that is only charged at 25%. 

Please tell me if I can fix it or should I contact the provider where I bought the phone. 

Thank you.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Charging icon problem

Try another charger. Or, you can also try to charge the phone on a PC USB port using the data cable. If the phone still does not charge I would strongly suspect the battery is failing.

I have a Z10 where I had to change the battery. To save a lot of time I bought the battery myself rather than go through the process for warranty.

Jerry G.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: UFONE

[ Edited ]

slam

No Need To worry about

This is the bug in Z10 STL 100 1 Model . It has been fixed in 10.2.0.1047 leak as i am using it .... If you want to stick with your official software and want to correct the things up ... Here is a tip for you dont bother what the indicator shows to you .... simply charge your mobile for 2.5 hour to make sure your mobile is now fully charged .... Do this for a week whenever you put it on charging make sure you charge it for 2.5 hour whether is shows you after 5 mint that the battery is full by doing like this for a week your meter will start sync

actually this bug is that your moible on device battery meter goes off sync with the actual battery meter so it shows differenct percentage for different battery readings ....

To correct it charge your mobile for 15 mint and with your charger connected remove the battery for one mint then put it back this will reset your meter . do it 2 times a day for few day but it do not work for all

other solution is that use your mobile until it goes off and do not turn on with power button remove the battery for more than 1 hour and then place the battery in and press the power button for 3 sec the leave then for 5 sec then leave then for 1 min then leave now connect the charger and do not press the power button it will start after 5 mint itselft and it will not jump to 100 % . You will notice it will be charging continuous from 0 to 100 %

Do Give me Your feedback

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you for your suggestions.

I will try out the sollutions and let you know the outcome.