Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Phone Company

Check Spelling Before Send

It's a trivial thing, but embarrassing if you expect it and it doesn't happen. Sure, turning on spell check puts red lines under misspelled words. However it's not easy to correct them on the Z10; you can't right-click the word, etc. On the 9900 and all previous models, it would prompt you for each detected bad word after you hit "send". But now, I found to my chagrin that the z10 doesn't. Is there an option I don't see somewhere to turn this feature back on?
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Check Spelling Before Send

If you have autocorrect turned on it will attempt to correct the spelling on each word as you type when you press space.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Phone Company

>If you have autocorrect turned on >it will attempt to correct the spelling on each word as you type when you press space. Thanks I know that, its not the functionality I want though. I find it much faster and more effective the other way. Just like Outlook and my Curve, and my Bold...
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
It's a trivial thing, but embarrassing if you expect it and it doesn't happen. Sure, turning on spell check puts red lines under misspelled words. However it's not easy to correct them on the Z10; you can't right-click the word, etc.

once you have finished typing your word, and are on another word, the misspelled word is underlined by a funny red line. Just hit that word, and it will open a context menu that will give you correct word propositions, you just have to select the correct word.

This acts as in the 9900, but indeed it does not to the "last pass" going through all the red lines one at a time like before.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: