Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Computer not recognizing Z10

I noticed after the latest update that when I plug my Z10 into the computer via USB, I hear the tones from Windows 7 alerting me that the connection has been made but the phone does not charge nor BB Link shows that it is connected. 

I have ensured that the USB ports are not going to sleep and are set to always stay on.  I have replaced the USB cable 3 times and tried every USB port on my computer and nothing. 

Anyone else having this same issue?  Is it the latest update or Windows 7 or am I having hardware issues with the phone itself.

Suggestions please, I’m at my wits end with this and ready to send it back.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Computer not recognizing Z10

Hey tkares,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

If you use the wall charger, does the BlackBerry Z10 charge?  If possible, I would suggest trying to plug the BlackBerry Z10 into another computer or laptop to see if it is detected.  If it is not detected, I would suggest contacting your network service provider for repair options.

I look forward to your reply and let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I'm having the same problem. I tried updating the drivers and even contacted my IT department and they con't figure it out!

My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: EE

I reported this a week or so back, and I don't believe there was a solution posted.

My desktop is a Dell AIO with W8 and did not recognise the Z10 but did the 9800.

I eventually installed Link on our W7 laptop and it did recognise it there.

S

New Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: Sasktel

I am having the same problem. As of right now, I am on my 2nd port, my 3rd cable, I have unistalled and reinstalled/checked for updates etc. I get teh notification that my blackberry is connected but cannot get my files on the phone to connect to the computer. I can use my drop box, facebook uploads etc. and all of my checks tell me I have all the current software. I am going bananas. I had my BBZ10 crash a while back and sent it in for repairs (it just shut off with no warning and would not turn back on). After I got my phone back, it worked for a small while and now it will not be recognized on my computer to even pull files without going through Black Berry Link. I am also getting notifications on the hub that my media storage is getting full and I should delete some stuff....I'D LOVE TO but can't because my computer/phone/bb link won't let me. Grrrrrrrrr Help.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: wirless

my pc not recognizing z10.when i conected z10 to my pc via usb cable it flash only red light 15 seconds,after nothing is der.it won't turn on.