Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Contact Problem

I have a huge problem with the Z10, and it is just getting worse by the minutes,

1) I was forced to copy my Outlook contacts to my Hotmail/Outlook.com account

2) When ever I try to make a change to any contact I then end up with mutiple copies of the contact and it is not just placed in the Hotmail account but some how it is also sent to my Rogers accounts that are in the phone, and those I have no idea how to access them

3) I can no longer see any of the picture that are associated with the contact from Outlook, and when I try to add any to the Hotmail/Outlook.com account, there is no possible way to do this, and if I create a new contact on the phone and after filling my memory with the picture that I want, they then get sent to all the accounts and the picture are all lost

This problem existed with the Playbook as well, but since I was using the phone to send any e-mail it did not matter since there was no contact in any of the online account, I am using the Playbook to read the e-mails only because of the bigger screen

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Contact Problem

Hey Rat-7,

I have a few questions to help you with this issue:

When you go into your Contacts and look at just the Outlook.com Contacts are they duplicated? You can view the separate Contact by selecting All in the bottom left of your Contact and then select the Outlook.com email account.

When you log into your Outlook.com email account do you see duplicates here?

When you view the Rogers.com Contacts separately from the Outlook.com Contacts are you seeing the same Contacts?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III

hatchback wrote:

Hey Rat-7,

I have a few questions to help you with this issue:

When you go into your Contacts and look at just the Outlook.com Contacts are they duplicated? You can view the separate Contact by selecting All in the bottom left of your Contact and then select the Outlook.com email account.

When you log into your Outlook.com email account do you see duplicates here?

When you view the Rogers.com Contacts separately from the Outlook.com Contacts are you seeing the same Contacts?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

The Hotmail adrees are the only one that are duplicated, and 90% of them are diplicated, and when I use my computer to access the Hotmail account, there is only one set of each contact that are visible

Martin
Retired

Hey,

When you setup your BlackBerry Z10, did you do a migration from another BlackBerry smartphone? And when you open one of the duplicated contacts, at the bottom select 'Links'  what are they showing as linked to?

Thanks.

-HB

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

I just checked one that as 7 link, one Local, One Twitter, One Facebook, and the rest are Hotmail

And Yes I did migrate from the Bold 9900, but this one was not link to any e-mail account it was sync directly from Outlook in my computer

About one hour after I wrote the above, I erased all of the contacts from the phone, and within minutes it started re-inputting all of the contacts and some of them have more than 6 copies of them some linked some not, and I even input one manually and it some how got link to 5 account (2 from Rogers and 3 from Hotmail ), and I have only 1 Hotmail accounts on the phone, and I have no idea where the Rogers contact come from since the only way for me to use the Rogers accounts is to use Outlook on the computer and I have never placed any contact information online 

BTW the Hotmail accounts are for receiving messages only and until I got OS2 on the Playbook there were no contact information at all, but the Playbook is also uploading contact information all over the accounts instead of keeping them locally 

Martin
Retired

Hey,

To help further diagnose the cause, I would suggest contacting your wireless service provider and request they contact BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

-HB

Forums Advisor III

hatchback wrote:

Hey,

To help further diagnose the cause, I would suggest contacting your wireless service provider and request they contact BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

Contacting Rogers for any thing that is not related to the Cellular network or their cable service is a complete waste of time, the last time that I did that I was told to either contact the maker of the phone  (RIM at the time), or tp simply just change the phone

And when I ask to talk to a supervisor I was told that the supervisors are not talking to customer, and that I had to do what I was just told

Martin
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Martin, we've discussed this before, I do believe.

In order to get a BlackBerry support issue escalated to BlackBerry, you need to ask Rogers to escalate that call. You will be given an incident support number and usually a phone number as well.

Only Carriers can do that. This forum cannot do that.

If Rogers is being a "pill" or stubborn, you need to be more forceful. Call your Rogers support, don't visit a store.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The Carrier can escalate you to BlackBerry

please trust us on this, we are not making it up

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III

knottyrope wrote:

The Carrier can escalate you to BlackBerry

please trust us on this, we are not making it up

Knotty and Joey, I know that you are not making this up or pulling my legs or something like that, but the sad fact is that Rogers does not care about cellular phone customers except for the bill that they send every month, if the problem is related to their services then they will listen, if it regards phone , then they say they can not do anything about it and you either get a new phone or get in touch with the manufacturer 

Martin