Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Contact names don't show when I receive text messages.

When a contact saved on my phone sends me a text message, their names don't show! The messages comes with phone numbers with +23480........ Without the names! I end up not knowing who is sending this message until I try to dial the number without the country code. What could be wrong?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Contact names don't show when I receive text messages.

Hi Bulkybukkie,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Is this happening only for contacts with the country code added in the phone number field? Do you also have this issue when receiving phone calls from these contacts? If so, this KB article may provide more information. "Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB33685

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10- Torch 9810 (with OS Neo Prime hybrid) - Torch 9800- Playbook- Fire Kindle HD- Galaxy S3
My Carrier: T-mobile

I have the same problem with Z10 on Os 10.1.04651. no contact id shows when receiving text from local contacts or foreign. spending hours and hours searching for solutions to so many blackberry problems this is becoming a full time job. the article described does not offer any solutions. any help from blackberry would be appreciated.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN

My name is Justice, and I use BB 9720, I love blackberry smartphones but this new one has many issues such as; when someone in my contacts phone send me a text message, their names doesn't show and if I send a text message using my contact, when the person replies it come with their phone numbers only and as such I won't be able to know who is sending the message, thereby making me to copy the number and dail before knowing who send the message, its not like that when making calls, it shows contact names when calling or receiving calls. What could be wrong with the SMS platform pls? And also this one group my email, bbm, text and whatsapp messages together in my suppose email box why? How can I correct the text message issue and how can I have only my email in my email box pls?
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telenor

Have also spent hours to solve the same problem.

I do not understand what settings to be made.

Got myself a new Q10 and imported all my old contacts from my old BB Bold 9700, and the old imported contacts works just fine when I receive a text message, but the new ones that I add to the "contacts-app" will not display.

This way I do not know who it is from until I click on the name and have to go all the way in to the Contacts-app.bl***ing annoying.

I just swapped devices from another big mobilephone manufacturer whom have their motto "..it just works...."

Please help me so I do not have to regret this jumping of ships I just made. 

Please, please help.

As I said I have spent hours....

Kind regards.