Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Contacts activity showing activity not related to the contact

A customer of mine is having a problem with his Blackberry Z10, currently on Virgin mobile Canada. It seems that some of the communications that the phone has been recieving is being attached to contacts that had nothing to do with the communication.  After further investigation it seems that these contacts were all contacts that originally resided on the SIM card, prepopulated by the carrier. I have tried to delete these contacts from the SIM and they dissapear initally but if you close contacts and look again they are still there. 

Any advice as to what I could do to solve this? 

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Contacts activity showing activity not related to the contact

Hey mobutils,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To clarify is the customer receiving SMS messages that appear to come from the wrong contact when they are received? If yes please review the following article: 

SMS messages appear to come from the wrong contact when received on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

To assist you with removing the unwanted contact, if you open the contact and select Links at the bottom, do these contacts have links? 

Thank you.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!