Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 9055416180

Contacts and Linking HELP!

So for some reason, whenever I try to link the contacts on my sim card to their facebook profile/twitter/linkedin profile, their photo isn't shown.  And, everytime I turn my phone off and on again, my contacts are no longer linked to their respective social media profiles.

I have all the settings to on and everything in place so that display photos and profiles are present.  

Is there something I'm missing?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Contacts and Linking HELP!

I was just about to post this same question. I'll just bump instead.

Switched devices, put new sim in, tried to link contacts to fb/email/twitter contacts, I restart and social contacts are no longer linked to the sim contacts.

Example: I link John's email, fb, twitter, phone number. I restart and there are 2 entries for John. 1 with just his phone number and 1 with his fb/email/twitter. Any help would be very appreciated. It's getting frustrating.

New Contributor

Bump.

BlackBerryHelp on Twitter didn't have any help to offer. Getting desparate here

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

Try a battery pull. If it doesn't work, pull out the battery for about ten minutes and put it back on.
New Contributor

Hey Matt, not sure if you've fixed this. I managed to find a fix and haven't had to relink my contacts for a week now.

I kept getting battery pull suggestions and allowing more time to save sort of ideas, but that's not the problem. This is what I had to do.

I had to go to my contacts and stop having contacts from my SIM card be displayed. You do that buy swiping from the top > settings and turn SIM Card Contacts to off. Then in that same screen go to the bottom and do import contacts from SIM. This saves those contacts to the device, so all your contacts are saved on the same hard drive.

I thought just keeping the SIM card in there and linking them would do the trick at first. Not the case, since whenever you restart the phone, I guess the device re recognizes the sim card, and so the contacts will unlink and SIM contacts will be displayed under a separate portrait than those saved on the device. Let me know if this works.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

This solved it for me too. Truly unfortunate the Z10's store contacts on the SIM by default, the SIM doesn't have the robustness to properly store them anyways in terms of accepting all the fields. I would like to store nothing on my SIM and just use Link for backup purposes. Well, ideally BlackBerry Protect but all the backup functionality of that service has been discontinued sadly Smiley Sad