Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Telus

Contacts and sounds

HI all. Has anyone encountered a problem with customizing ringtones to specific contacts? i can set it up but it doesnt seem to play. I set my home phone with a song on my cell but when i call it, it reverts to the default ringer. and to top it off, i am not able to play any video or listen to any music after the call, i have to reset the phone. it says something like unexpected error cannot read file (10).

My contacts are save on my sim, when i call my cell using my home phone(which is saved on my sim card contacts) it adds that contact under the ALL category.

Any thoughts?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Contacts and sounds

Hey belanwel,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

We are aware of this happening with SMS messages but not phone calls.  If you save the contact to the device memory and then test the notification do you have the same result?

Also is the music and video files saved onto your media card?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi ViciousFerret. I transfered all my contacts to the device from the sim but it still wont work. I have the songs on the media card but i cant seem to transfer it to the device itself. ive been trying to look for the option but i cant seem to find it. i am going to try and take out the sd card and see if that will fix it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I removed the sd card and had the songs straight to the phone. some songs work, some dont. guess i can live with that.

thanks for the help