Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10 - STL100-2
My Carrier: Smartone

Contacts app is not saving my preferred settings.

Please help...

I've had the Z10 for a couple months now, and love it.

However, i recently added LinkedIn app onto the phone, and it automatically merged with my existing contacts.

Now, i know there is an option to change the type of lists, and to which I tried... however without any affect. I close the app, and reload to see no changes.

I tried a number of options, removing the LinkIn app, changing app permissions, etc, and in various combinations, but no success.

Then I tried a small test - I changed the option: within the Contacts app --> Settings: I changed, the defualt Theme from "Light" to Dark"...  Below this option clearly states, "Restart the Contacts app for the color theme change to take effect."

I closed the app and reopened.... "Light" theme....

Is anyone else encountering this problem?????

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Contacts app is not saving my preferred settings.

HKz10 wrote:

Please help...

I've had the Z10 for a couple months now, and love it.

However, i recently added LinkedIn app onto the phone, and it automatically merged with my existing contacts.

Now, i know there is an option to change the type of lists, and to which I tried... however without any affect. I close the app, and reload to see no changes.

I tried a number of options, removing the LinkIn app, changing app permissions, etc, and in various combinations, but no success.

Then I tried a small test - I changed the option: within the Contacts app --> Settings: I changed, the defualt Theme from "Light" to Dark"...  Below this option clearly states, "Restart the Contacts app for the color theme change to take effect."

I closed the app and reopened.... "Light" theme....

Is anyone else encountering this problem?????

The dark theme is not exactly made for the Z10 yet, it is for the Z30 which use another kind of screen technology which work better with dark theme, so for now the dark theme on the Z10 is working from time to time , hopefully that will be corrected soon (maybe in the next update)

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Contacts app is not saving my preferred settings.

I am experiencing the same issue with my Q10. Not only can I not use the dark theme but none of the settings are saving. I want to remove Facebook and Twitter contacts from my address book and when I change the settings, close the address book and reopen it, nothing changes.

Help.