Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Contacts app unusable

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I currently observe a completely unusable builtin contacts app: I deleted all local contacts and made all other accounts invisible in the contacts app. When I now add a new contact, lets say with name 'Tom Test', then this new contact receives the name of one of my previously deleted local contacts. Every time I add a new contact another deleted contact's name reappear. All other contact details are as entered.

I'm currently at contact id 3818 since I did quite a lot importing/deleting/importing again with my set of contacts. I can see the contact id only while debugging a custom app.

That behavior renders the contacts app completely unusable for me, since every contact is changed name.

Any idea how to fix that? I'm using V10.2.0.424.

Regards,

Florian.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Contacts app unusable

I had a similar problem once and it was my email program. I solved it by deleting all contacts in my email program and starting new.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2 Germany

No, it has nothing to do with any email program because I have neither a Blackberry Link connection nor contacts synchronization with any email provider active.

I found that a security wipe solved the problem.

What a **bleep**!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: dev alpha c
My Carrier: rim

i am same too .but i wipe my phone ,and this bug is lost .and my phone is work good