Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

Contacts disappearing

There seems to be an issue with some of my contacts disappearing. I would like to know if this is a global issue. One day I can choose a contact to text, the next day that same text is displayed as a phone number. I then go into my contacts and the info is gone. I thought it was a fluke until it happened more than once. Anyone else having the same issues?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Contacts disappearing

Hi garrisonjames and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Are these contacts synchronized with one of your email or social media accounts? Or did you transfer this contact from a previous BlackBerry smartphone?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

They were transferred from my sim
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

When you go into your SIM phone book, by going into your Address Book, then clicking on "All" in the lower right, do you see your contacts?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Yes. But I am missing a good amount of my original list. I have started entering all new contacts under sim only. This prevents me losing info but is not a resolution
Contributor
My Device: z10 OS v 10.1.0.2312
My Carrier: vodafone ireland

i am having a similar issue. all my contacts just disappeared. they were transferred on friday from my bold 9700 to my z10 at the vodafone store by the vendor. it worked fine for a few days, then today, they are all gone. i do not see any contacts listed when i click on 'ALL'. i have tried rebooting multiple times and the contacts come back for a few seconds then disappear again. i wanted to delete the email accounts and re-add them but i can not even access the account set-up in setting as it just spins.