Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Contacts from my 9930 to the z10

JS,

If I eventually cancel my email address that a group of contacts is associated with, will the contacts disappear or with they just re-associate with the default setting?

DT

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TOLIVER2006 wrote:

JS,

If I eventually cancel my email address that a group of contacts is associated with, will the contacts disappear or with they just re-associate with the default setting?

DT

If you DELETE that email address from your device, it will remove the related contacts from the device.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

JS,

What will happen if the the email address just becomes an invalid address? ...and I simply leave the icon/item on my home screen?

In my case, the 'acnrep.com' address is only functional due to me being a rep.  When I cease to being a rep, the email address will be shut down/deemed invalid. (the email contact list that contains hundreds of contacts)

If I just leave it on my phone (keep the icon), will I be okay? (even though there will be no email traffic through this address? ....even though the address will become fictitious?)

Sorry for beating this 'dead horse....I just can't afford to have a new cell that I'm not confident with (...Does it have all of my contacts?).

I tried the app that was suggested, but i ran a couple of tests, and found that it wasn't perfect, such that some contacts didn't get transferred.....which is not good enough for me.

Thanks for staying connected,

DT

I feel certain that once those email account becomes invalid (quits syncing with its email server) you will also lose those contacts connected to that account.

Can you open this email account on your PC now, through a webmail login?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Well, the good thing is that I have until the end of this year to get to the bottom of this contact drama of mine and then I'm going to have to make that decision to stay with my bb bold or move on....whether it be another bb or a DROID.

I have to see what Verizon and phoneminer have in mind and then I will be saying that crazy cliché "It is what it is..."

JS, you have been a super hero in terms of keeping me learning about my bb.

Until wechat again, thanks!

DT

You're welcome... but I am asking because if you can login to the webmail of that email account, you should be able to simply export the contacts list to a CSV or XLS file.

Unless of course it is an exchange mail account, then the company you work for might have that function locked down, I don't know without you explaining further about what kind of email account it is.

Trying to help you with options here.

Knowledge Base Updates