Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Contacts not appearing in dialling screen or text message contact list

I recently acquired a Z10 through work.  It has been set up to use my work Outlook account and has BlackBerry Balance activated.  My Outlook contacts appear in my 'Contacts' in both the personal and work sides of the device.  However, no contacts appear if I want to call them from the phone dialling screen or send them a text message from the Hub.  It makes no difference whether I am signed into the work side or not.  I can only contact people via the 'Contacts' app.  Surely this isn't correct?  Can anyone help me or explain where I am going wrong?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Contacts not appearing in dialling screen or text message contact list

Hello gac1_99,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for reporting the issue you are experiencing with accessing your contacts within the Phone application on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Please backup and attempt the following Security Wipe process, then re-enroll on the device on your BlackBerry Enterprise Server: 

http://bbry.lv/YZYGcr

Let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

I got a tipp from another user which is working for me and all other users of our company:
There is a security policy in BDS called: Personal Apps Access to Work Contacts
This needs to be set to: Only RIM Apps
Otherwise no contacts will show up in the phone app and also the number to name resolution will not work for calls.
Why the phone app relates to personal apps category is confusing to me though.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Forgot to say: please restart you blackberry and redeploy the policy on bes server
New Contributor

Many thanks for the tip.  Passed it onto our IT department and "Hey Presto!" everything's now working.

Now to find a way to file 'sent' email messages......

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

hi

just to add to this, i have notuced that if i miss a call, receive a call etc - if i go to my recent calls, it will only show the name and either mobile or work etc - but if i want to call them back, i have no way of knowing which number they used - this would be helpful if i am going to call using a different phone. on OS 7 and earlier - the phone number used would actually show, this would help for contacts with multiple numbers. 

another thing in the contacts, you cannot mark betwen mobile 1 or mobile two - you just get mobile, being able to mark as 1 or 2 would help me in the even that i want to call a primary or secondary number. 

would you please look into this. i am using a Z10 with OS: 10.0.10.648

New Contributor

I agree that in the recent calls list you only see 'mobile' or 'home' etc.  However, when I view my calls via the Hub I get the name of the person and the number that they used.  I can return the call directly from there, or use this information as necessary.

I am using OS 10.0.10.90.  This was the first (and only) OS upgrade that I have been asked to load since using the Z10.

Hope this helps......

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

I did not know about that, thanks. I will use that for now, it would still be nice to get consistent information from everywhere. The HUB it is then.