Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Romania

Contacts problem with my Z10

HI,

I had just bought a brand new Z10 and I'm experiencing some problems with my contacts list....after the software update, when I try to look up for a contact, after I type the name, the device won't show me the contact I'm looking for. It remains sticked to first contacts from the list. After I tap the "cancel"button or the "x" character, the device will show me the contact I had previously looked up before. I think there is a problem, because whenever I'm looking up for a contact, the device should show them to me in real time

Thank you

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts problem with my Z10

Try a reboot first,
On your BlackBerry10 device:
Restart: Press and hold the upper edge power button a couple seconds and the tap the lower right RESTART.

or

Reboot: On the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Romania

Re: Contacts problem with my Z10

Thanks, I had already done that. It seems that all the problems are due to the accounts I'm connected with and the phone always tries to get the contacts from those accounts. Once I had deactivated one of them, the phone ran better. there is one single problem : I need to copy my contacts on the phone memory to access them. But then, I shall not have any account connected. I had tried to switch off all the updates from the accounts, but the problem persists.