Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: AT&T

Contacts with a Pager number only - can't be contacted!

I was shoked to see that a contact of mine, who has a Work Pager listed only on his record, did not appear on my list when I wanted to call his pager. So, although, he is in the Contact list, his name does not appear when I try to acces him from the Phone application.

And if I access his record through Contacts (only a work pager is listed), I can't call him by pressing the pager number. I had to add the same phone number as a mobile number to contact him. This of course was during an emergency, while i was driving, so I had to come off the road and figure this out. This was never a problem with my Torch...

This needs an immediate fix! I purchased the phone as a user, never signed up as a beta tester....

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Contacts with a Pager number only - can't be contacted!

This has been noted by a few people, must have been either a mistake or Blackberry's way of cutting down on the drug trade. Do drug dealers even use pagers anymore? Just kidding!

I would call the issue into your Carrier's Blackberry support team so that it gets officially recognized and fixed in a future release.

As a workaround for now I can suggest moving the pager numbers to any other type of telephone field. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy