Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Create Calendar Event? (e.g. Birthday etc...) without showing on Month view

Calendar works great love the new look, One gripe.

I have a number of "All Day Events" in Outlook / on my Z10 like birthdays Anniversary's etc...

They are currently setup as All Day Events and my time shows Free under them, so no problem with conflicting events.

I use the month view as default to get a very quick overview of my week.

If I have a trade show to attend, its usually apparent by the solid line that would take up the whole day instead of just an hour or two event.

The problem is that Birthday's and such show up the same way (solid line for the whole day)

Last week there was a few birthdays and one show, although I can't tell the difference between them on the Calendar.

Is there a way to setup the calendar or my events differently so that the All day events that I show as free time are in a different colour (like grey when there is an all day event and actual meetings. then it shows different)

Should I be adding these types of events or reminders of birthdays etc.. differently in outlook / on the phone...

any help would be great.

What about an icon on the month view (like the +2 icon on the week / day view) that lets you know you have an all day event reminder on that day, but not showing the line for the whole day.

Any thoughts on how to get around this?