Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Custom Ringtones Not Working

Hello, switched to Z10 from Bold.  Overall happy with it. However custom ringtones for phone calls do not work. Automatically goes to default, whether default is a built in or added ringtone.  Running OS 10.2.1.537.  Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Custom Ringtones Not Working

[ Edited ]

steve959 wrote:

Hello, switched to Z10 from Bold.  Overall happy with it. However custom ringtones for phone calls do not work. Automatically goes to default, whether default is a built in or added ringtone.  Running OS 10.2.1.537.  Any help and suggestions appreciated.

In Settings - Notifications - Contacts - Customised Contacts (list of contacts you have customised) if none, Add at the bottom.

Each contact must be customised individually, once its done you should see "Saving Contact Settings".

New Contributor

Have done it exactly like that numerous times. Contact profile shows ringtone is "X" but default ringtone "Y" plays with incoming call. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Does the new ringtone play when you select it and does "Save Contact Settings" show when you press <  ?.

New Contributor

Yes, the ringtone does play when I choose a preloaded ringtone  from the dropdown list, or from the folder I downloaded into. I have tried that folder in various spots, and when I choose a downloaded as default, it plays fine. I do get a popup indicating that it is saving.

Thanks for your help with this. I know custom ringtones are not a critical function, but it is a bit of an annoyance that it doesn't seem to be working.