Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Custom contact ring tone/notification doesn't work when screen locked

To get around the lack of level 1 messages, I set up a contact for the server that emails alerts to me and assigned a sound to email from that contact.  This required turning on sounds for all incoming email, but I just downloaded a 1 second silent sound file so I don't hear a sound for all the other email I receive.

I'm not impressed that I have to go to these lengths to replace level 1 messages, but it works... or at least it did when I tested it.  Turns out that when my Z10 screen locks (and, yes, corporate policy requires a screenlock timeout) the custom contact notifications stop working.  If I use a regular sound for other email I can still hear them come in when the screen's locked, but not my custom contact sound.

Any ideas if there's a setting I need to change, or an alternative way to accomplish full level 1 notifications?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Custom contact ring tone/notification doesn't work when screen locked

[ Edited ]

Hello jankat, 

Welcome to the forums. 

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by the BlackBerry development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Keep checking on this article for updates. 

After setting a specific Message Notification for a contact, the user is not being alerted using the...

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Interesting. I'm on AT&T and mine works fine in that regards.

I have several custom tones for several contacts and mine works fine when the

screen is locked. The only thing that I can't do (ruuning 10.1) is set a custom tone by contact

for SMS messages. Every other type works fine.

It's known about the SMS custom problem and is, supposedly, going to fixed in a future SW update.

Fred

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada