Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: sasktel
Accepted Solution

Custom ring tone problem with text messages

I can customize the ring tone for certain contacts.  My problem is that the ring tone will only work for calls. It won't change for texts.  I don't understand as the process to change either is the same.  Is there a fix for this?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Custom ring tone problem with text messages

Hello markpaxman, 

Welcome to the forums. 

The option to set a specific tone for text messages is not available on the BlackBerry Z10. Thank your for your feedback regarding this feature, we appreciate your input as we are always looking to improve our products and services. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Not sure if they do texts, but you can try a 3rd party app such as Hub++ which can be found in BB World. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: sasktel

My bad.  I mistook the option for a custom ring under "messages" to mean text.  I guess that's for emails. Oops lol

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: AT&T

In the EDIT CONTACT section I am supposed to be able to set up a ring tone for phone calls and a ring tone for messages.

My problem is that I can get the Default Ring Tone and a million little voice notifications but the software doesn't let me select any directory and sound for the tones, like in the NOTIFICATIONS page. It looks like the default directory for the ring tones is incorrect on the EDI CONTACT page. I have OS version 10.0.10.684 on AT&T.

Is there any workaround?

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Why isn't it available?  It was available on older BB models and was a good feature.  Will there be an update to provide this feature in the future?