Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

DEAD Z10

[ Edited ]

So, I plugged my z10 into a charger, used it for a few minutes, put it down (not dropped or anything), picked it up a few minutes later, and nothing. I've read this has happened to many others. No red light, no startup screen, computer/blackberry link wont even recognize its as a mass storage device. Dead as dead.

So thats fine, this is the first BB Ive ever had that has went kaput (Ive owned about a dozen over the years)

I also have been fixing smart phones for years.

I CANT REACH ANYONE AT BLACKBERRY TO BUY A NEW MOBO TO FIX MY **bleep** PHONE.

I'm a little angry.

I bought my phone privately, so theres no going through my service provider for warranty, and when asking even management at the phone company to order a replacement mobo, they stare at me like im foreign.

I noticed Blackberrys site is a disaster when trying to directly email them. Cant find an email anywhere.

Anyone know how to reach somewhere where I can buy a mobo for my phone? I miss it muchly.

Mod Edit: Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: DEAD Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

What you will discover upon careful review is that your warranty and support provider for device-related issues is the seller to you of the device. No one else is party to your purchase contract, and the purchase contract is what dictates what your warranty and support options are for device-related issues. If the seller provides you with no support nor warranty, then it is completely possible that you have neither...but such was your choice of purchase channel. To pursue with BlackBerry, you'd have to use the Incident Support channel, as documented in the link provided above.

I'm sorry that this support model does not meet what you seem to want it to be...but it is the purchase channel is what dictates the support and warranty options, and you chose one that may well be outside of any available formal support or warranty for your device.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Ok, what the **** was that?!?!

Did you not read my original post, I KNOW I don't have warranty available. I'm simply looking for information on where to buy a mobo ffs.

Wow. Seriously wow.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Actually, I did read it...and I took it to mean that you want to contact BlackBerry directly for this problem, and (as an end user) the support model does not allow for that unless you use Incident Support, which is discussed within what I provided to you. Your original post was a bit of lashing out at BlackBerry and, from my interpretation, wanting BlackBerry to deal with you on the matter. I am sorry if I misunderstood your words.

Now I interpret that you are saying something a bit different...not so much lashing out this time, but looking to buy something, and perhaps not necessarily now requiring that it be BlackBerry directly that you work with. Quite different from your initial post.

However, I remain a little confused on one point...I have no idea what a "mobo ffs" is...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

mobo= motherboard, and it was to find a seller/reseller of z10 parts (all my online sources have quit carrying bb parts since the initial scare)

I did however find a friends phone whose screen was smashed and going back for warranty, so I swapped his 'motherboard' with mine, and now everything is unlocked and hunky dory.

Still doesnt solve why the z10's have been spontaneously imploding from generic chargers, when this has never been an issue in the past.

As for the 'lashing out' on blackberrym yes it was. In fact years previous, I was able to reach blackberry direct with these questions, and for good or bad, they would directly give me an answer, not in a forum, or via second hand information.

So, on a good note, I found this model to be exceptionally easy to tear down and put back together (only taking 15 minutes to completely dissassemble and back together) so yay team blackberry on that. Much faster than my storm and torchs.

a recall for phones that comepletely fry out would be a better yay for end users like me though. The Dead zeds are continuing to grow in numbers. Sooner or later blackberrys going to have to do more than side track this to the service providers because their support model doesnt allow it.

8 years as a dedicated customer, 12 phones in, 100's fixed, 100's recommended,  I still will consider moving on to Android. Especially if parts become unavilable.