Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Data connection drops

To get a BlackBerry tech to weigh in you will need to call your carrier and ask for Blackberry support, you will be routed to the carrier's Blackberry trained support team, if they cannot help you be sure to ask to be escalated to Blackberry support (this is tier 2). If they won't, ask for a supervisor.

I am with Rogers and have not noticed any issues. It is possible that you have defective hardware, so be sure to get on it soon enough to be able to get the phone swapped for a new one if it is a hardware issue.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi everyone, this is just to let you know that my issue was resolved with the latest firmware upgrade, now my Z10 catches back the data connection quite quickly when it loses it due to poor network.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Cell-C

I tend to agree with this. I have had my data service down after trying to connect to a WIFI hotspot. Restarting the phone fixed it. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by BB as I love this phone and can't wait for all the teething problems to be fixed. Please just don't turn a deaf ear like Sony does.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue, to be honest it's only recent I never noticed it before, I'm using Orange on the EE network.

When in low signal range for 3g network and connected to wifi the connection hangs and only switching off and turning on again will restore it.

If I try for example to go to wifi settings and turn them on and off (or phone data settings) it doesn't work the phone just hangs when turning off the settings.  By hangs I mean the phone is still useable but the setting screen just sits there saying turning off wifi.

Bit of a pain in the bum in an otherwise great phone!

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having same data dropping issue.  Options > Network register with blackberry doesnt do anything here.  IF anyone knows the answer please tell!

New Contributor

still having this issue... any resolution?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

Got the issue resolved. 

I downloaded the BB Link update and the Z10 software update (10.0.10.82).

My Carrier: Mobinil

I bought the phone two days ago and i am having the same problem but worse.

The phone operates perfectly with H and blackberry sign...then suddenly I get a red x on the top right side...when i go into settings then mobile network it says  not connected...i try to scan for mobile networks manually but it says no network detected....i have to restart my phone!!!!

I just updated my software to 10.0.10.99 and the same problem still occurs!!

It is really illogical to restart my phone every 30 minutes !....been doing that for the past 2 days!

I think i will return my phone because in my iphone i didn't face such problem!

Really disappointed!

New Contributor

exchange phone for a new one. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

my carrier sent out another OS update and not seen this happen in weeks.

possible your carrier has not sent the update yet

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V