Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Data service (3G) still going on even Wifi icon connect showing in status bar

I notice the my 3G count still going out, when I connect in Wifi at work (and web auth fail).

The wifi icon still showing in bar, and internet working, but my data plan was running out.

When I turn 3G off manually (in Setup, Network Connection, Mobile Network, Data service), them I see, even wifi icon showing in the bar, I have no internet, because wifi web authentication, was fail , by error 3RFINA, and I didnt notice, because when 3G was on, the pages was open and didnt redirect me to web auth page (when only in wifi, yes, but, when in 3G, they even prefer transfer by it).

If this was right, please at least put a button to turn data plan off in status bar, by side of wifi button.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Data service (3G) still going on even Wifi icon connect showing in status bar

Hey effduca,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

By design if the mobile network is enabled and the Wi-Fi connection has failed the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone will automatically switch to the mobile network. You can check the BlackBerry Wi-Fi Diagnostic Information by completing the following:

1. From the BlackBerry 10, launch the settings application
2. Select Network Connections
3. Select Wi-Fi
4. Select Advanced

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Data service (3G) still going on even Wifi icon connect showing in status bar

[ Edited ]

Yes, but the WIFI symbol will still showing up in status bar.

So.. I have to guess was something wrong, or check in advanced at every 10 minuts to certicate I still in wifi and not in 3G instead (because WIFI SYMBOL still UP) ? :-P

Would be nice to see some kind of alert... a Yellow Exclamation point inside Wifi Symbol, notifiing the wifi are connected but internet arent goint into it, for any reason ?

Or some advanced option to not simple use 3G if wifi fail to notify user theres a problem (and not masking the problem still showing wifi symbol and using 3G connection without ask for that)
 ?