Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Default Currency

Is there a way of saving the default currency to the £ (pound) sign?

I know if I press and hold the $ (dollar) sign I can to the pound sign but I have keyboard set to English, I have timezone set to London, I am in England...I want the pound sign first please!

Any ideas??

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Default Currency

Hey Whirlwind,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Did you purchase the BlackBerry Z10 in the UK?  Also are you using a UK based SIM card?  If so, please contact your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can gather some logs from BlackBerry World to find the root cause.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Hey ViciousFerret,

Thanks for the reply

I did purchase the phone in the UK, from Phones 4 U. I am on pay as you go with Orange (EE).

They are aware I'm using a Blackberry as I informed them when I brought my 8900 a few years ago and then again when I switched from my previous 8900 to my new Z10.

As for the SIM card, to be honest, I'm not sure if it is UK based or not but it was supplied by Phones 4 U along with the Z10 (the SIM couldn't be transferred from the 8900 as the Z10 uses a Micro SIM)

As a result, I was given a new phone number but was able to call Orange (EE) and have them transfer my old number onto the new Micro SIM along with all existing credit.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Whirlwind

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the prompt reply Whirlwind.

The currency should be changing since the micro SIM is UK based and your language is set for English UK.

To find the root cause of the issue we are going to need to gather some logs.  Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!