Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

Re: Delete/Send button on Keyboard

The return key is also present until you enter the recipient, someone pointed out. Also, if you are in text message 'Conversation' a text sent to that person will appear in the conversation thread as well. So it still remains in context.
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

And the problem is also in BBM. And u can't type the text before send unless deleting chat first every time! It drives me nuts!!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Exactly.   The blank recipient tip works great for new messages but becomes painful when replying to ongoing conversations with a recipient name already assigned.   Every time there's an OS update, the first thing I check is if this annoyance has been addressed.....and so far.....well....not so much!   

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

We'll keep hoping then! I even send blackberry tweets with the problems I come up against but they don't seen to acknowledge the problem altho they do respond to the tweet!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes well I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I love BB10 but the whole experience of sending out occasionally errant and misspelled messages seems pretty counter-intuitive.  I found the swiping left on the keypad tip very helpful for avoiding the delete key but sometimes you want to go back to edit just a letter or incorrect punctuation mark and wind up sending it still in its screwed up state!!!  Maddening!!  Aarggghhhh....

My Device: Z10

Completely agree. BB please delete that send button. There's a send button on top of the keyboard, so the one next to the delete key is only there to cause problems when deleting as far as I can see!

I wonder how many incorrect texts are sent in a year from BBs around the world? A LOT I imagine. I've been caught out quite a few times. It's so annoying. Please please please delete it...

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

DrMike1304 wrote:

Completely agree. BB please delete that send button. There's a send button on top of the keyboard, so the one next to the delete key is only there to cause problems when deleting as far as I can see!

I wonder how many incorrect texts are sent in a year from BBs around the world? A LOT I imagine. I've been caught out quite a few times. It's so annoying. Please please please delete it...

Thanks!

This is only applicable to BBM messages. With text messages, one has the option to change 'Send' to 'Carriage Return'.